Posted on: 17 July 2017Share
If you still have your grandmother, you are indeed blessed. And, if you are planning to honor her on her upcoming birthday, she is indeed blessed. Even if you live far away, you can make your grandmother's birthday a special event. From an early morning greeting to mailing special gifts in custom colored tubes, here are some ways that you can let her know that you are thinking about her on her special day.
The Greetings - Truth be told, your grandmother would probably be satisfied with just hearing your voice from across the miles. However, you can make her birthday greeting even better when you send the written word, too.
- Did your grandmother sing you a favorite song when you were growing up? If so, think about calling her when you know she'll be up and about and serenading her with that very same song. Don't worry if you don't think you have a great singing voice. She'll just love the sentiment!
- Do you have children? If so, get them to be part of the greeting. Perhaps they could sing an oldie like I Love You A Bushel And A Peck or The Alphabet Song which says A You're Adorable, B You're So Beautiful, and so on.
- Sure, there are great greeting cards, but consider making your own. Think of adjectives that go with each letter of your grandmother's name and use them as part of the design. For example, if her name is Mary, you would say something like M MEANS MARVELOUS, A MEANS ADORABLE, R MEANS RIGHTEOUS and Y MEANS YOUNG AT HEART.
- If your spouse and your children are part of the greeting card, think of decorating a large piece of white poster board. With colored markers, each of you writes a personal message. Send the poster board card in a custom colored tube for extra pizzaz.
The Gift - Is your grandmother hard to shop for because she has everything she needs? If so, think of a sentimental gift that you can create yourself.
- One idea is to do a collection of family snapshots which you mount on a poster board. Place each picture on a different color of construction paper that will act as a frame for each photograph to add extra interest.
- Are you artistic? If so, consider doing a watercolor of something that your grandmother loves. For example, if she has a pet, do a portrait of him or her.
- Your grandmother would also love work done by your children. Let them decide what they want to create.
- Again, think about using custom colored tubes for mailing your grandmother's birthday gifts. Not only are they affordable, but your gifts will be well protected. For more information, contact a business such as Chicago Mailing Tube Co. And, part of the fun will just be seeing the clever way you sent the gifts.
A great way to end the day, even if you have already called early in the day, is to make another phone call to let your grandmother know what an important part of your life she has been.